Working at Gibela
Our recruitment process
We post all vacancies on this career page. We encourage you to use our job search tools. If you find a vacancy that interests you and you meet the requirements, register and apply directly online.
If you do not find any position that fits your profile, you can still register you for inclusion on our actively-managed database. Each time a new position fitting your qualifications and experience becomes available, you will receive an alert.
From application to offer
Each recruitment step at Gibela is an opportunity for us to continue the conversation that starts when you respond to our initial job advertisement. Here are the steps, from application to receipt of a job offer:
- Pre-selection – based on examination of your qualifications.
- Invitation interview – an opportunity for us to get to know you and provide clarity on the position.
- Face-to-face interview – with our Human Resources Department and the hiring manager.
- Second interview (if the first interview is successful)
- References and various tests – various tests online, at our office or at a third-party location, as well as a pre-employment medical.
- Final offer –based on the outcomes of an agreement between you and Human Resources.
- Application feedback – to all candidates who were not successful in the interview and assessment process.
Gibela‘s recruitment process does not include unsolicited offers of employment, nor does it require advance payments from candidates. Gibela will only contact you if you have applied for a vacancy through the career website, or if you were contacted directly by one of our authorised recruitment staff.
Gibela will not ask you to send personal banking information via -mail or by any other means. If you suspect fraud, you are encouraged to alert the company by calling 0800 992 213. Alternatively, please report such information to the police.
Gibela has vacancies in the following disciplines:
- Environmental, health and safety
- Economic development
- Legal and contracts
- Information technology
- Human resources
- Sourcing and supply chain
- Quality management
"Selection will be robust, with preference given to people living near the new factory who have the skills needed for building the new trains."
Duke Mgaga, Human Resource Director